San Gabriel's Horn
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. CDT AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. CDT. NO early check-in or late check-out without prior approval. Early check-in or late check-out is subject to a one hundred fifty dollar ($150) per hour additional fee, up to four (4) hours, after which a full daily rate is applied to the stay.
2. SMOKING – This is a NON SMOKING facility. There will be a two hundred dollar ($200) fee if there is evidence of smoking inside the home. Smoking is allowed outside, as long as cigarette butts are placed in a container outside and thrown-away at the end of your stay. No butts are allowed on the lawn or around the premises.
3. PETS – Pets are permitted only with prior approval. A fifty dollar ($50) per pet per night fee applies. All pets must be leashes at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and tick are prevalent in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The property owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. There will be a three hundred dollar ($300) additional fee per pet associated with violation of the pet rules.
4. TENANTS – We will not rent to vacationing students, spring break or other college groups, children's parties, singles groups, or to persons under 25 years of age unless accompanied by a pre-approved adult guardian or parent. We do not accept rental or payment from third-party persons. The person signing the rental agreement must be the person making payment and must also be a tenant/occupant for the duration of the reservation.
5. DAMAGE / RESERVATION DEPOSIT - A damage/reservation deposit of seven hundred fifty dollars ($750) is required. This deposit must be received within three (3) days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within sixty (60) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to the property or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to necessary cleaning, contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in outdoor refuse containers (or designated location), and soiled dishes are replaced in the cupboards and cleaned. Laundry is clean and replaced in its original location.
d. All keys are left on the kitchen table and unit is left locked.
e. All inventory is accountable and in its original location.
f. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
g. No linens, amenities, or accessories are lost or damaged and all loss or damage is immediately reported to the office.
h. NO Early check-in or late check out.
i. Maintain heat no higher than 76° (set to 66° upon leaving) and maintain AC no lower than 72° (set to 82° upon leaving).
j. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, the security company employed by the owner, or the neighborhood Homeowners Association.
k. A 10:00 PM neighborhood noise curfew is closely observed.
l. The property and all amenities are returned to the location and condition found upon guest arrival.
m. Any exceptions to the condition of the venue are reported immediately upon check-in and customer inspection.
6. PAYMENT - An advance payment equal to fifty percent (50%) of the rental rate is required sixty (60) days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the property rent. Please make payments in the form of traveler's check, bank money order, cashiers check or personal check payable to San Gabriel's Horn. Additionally, secure payments may be made with most credit cards via our website: www.SanGabrielsHorn.com/reservations.htm - Click the “Pay Now” button. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT is due thirty (30) days before your arrival date. Late payment may result in the cancellation of the reservation and forfeiture of all otherwise prepaid monies.
7. CANCELLATIONS - A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur no penalty, unless deposits were made via credit card. All credit card cancellations are subject to a five percent (5%) cancellation fee or fifty dollars ($50), whichever is greater. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within sixty (60) days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MONTHLY RESERVATION - Monthly renters are not allowed at San Gabriel's Horn. No stay may exceed twenty-nine (29) days in accordance with state short-term rental rules.
9. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - The maximum number of guests per night is limited to twenty (20) persons. An additional charge of fifty dollars ($50) per person per night for guests in addition to twenty (20) will be assessed. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY; Three (3) nights during peak and holiday seasons. Maximum overnight occupancy (after 10 PM) may not exceed twenty-five (25) persons.
10. HOLIDAYS - Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three (3) days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
11. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate. Optional fees apply to RVs, maid services, massage therapy services, additional tables or chairs, and pavilion setup.
12. MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the facility, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate, however it is available at an additional rate of one hundred sixty seven dollars, fifty cents ($167.50) per single service. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the main house. Maid services rates may be changed without notice prior to check-in. Upon departure the maid service will make-ready the property for the next guests and assess the aforementioned mandatory guest self-cleanup. All fees that may be deemed to apply to the guest will be deducted from the security deposit at the current billing rate which is calculated hourly. It is highly recommended that you take advantage of the prepaid one-time cleaning service.
14. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
15. PARKING - During daytime events (10 AM - 10 PM) no more than fifty (50) vehicles may be parked on the property at one time. All vehicles must be parked on the premises. No parking is allowed on the road or ingress/egress. All vehicles on the property overnight (10 PM - 10 AM) must be registered with the rental office and listed in Addendum A of the rental agreement. No auto repair or maintenance (including car washing) may be performed on the premises. A fire lane must always be open through the circular driveway. Violation and any unauthorized vehicle is subject to towing, applicable fines/towing fees, and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner/renter.
16. RIVER / NATURE TRAILS - Any natural river is potentially dangerous. Waters may be unexpectedly swift and the bottom may be slick and rocky. No children under the age of twelve (12) shall be permitted on the nature trails or in-and-around the river at any time without adult supervision. When using the natural surrounds, remember there is certain health and physical risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. This property is located in a wildlife area that is home to numerous varieties of arachnids, insects, reptiles, birds, birds of prey, snakes, amphibians and other animals including deer, opossum, fox, armadillo, raccoon, rabbit, squirrel and more; many of which are endangered. Respect for the animals is a requirement. Additionally, much of the property is situated on rough terrain, with cliffs, thick woods, cactus, crevices, and natural vegetation. Your safety and health are your sole concern and the property owners will not be responsible for accident or injury. Although the owners have made every attempt to safeguard the property, we recommend you bring insect repellent and poison ivy soap as personally needed.
17. STORM POLICY / ROAD / RIVER CONDITIONS - No refunds will be given for storms. Hill Country access roads can be curvy and steep and although not posted a maximum speed of 20 mph is enforced. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we highly recommend caution during all seasons. Excessive noise on the private road is prohibited. The river may be high or low relative to upstream weather, rain or drought conditions. We do not refund due to road or river conditions.
18. MECHANICAL FAILURES - There will be no refunds or price adjustments due to mechanical failure of any component(s) of the home, such as air conditioning, dishwasher, plumbing, electrical, etc. In the event of such malfunction, the guest shall notify the owner via telephone and/or e-mail immediately. The owner shall respond in person or by having a professional make a service call to the property at their very earliest available time to make necessary repairs. The owner shall make every best effort to resolve the malfunction.
19. BURNING RULES / FIREWORKS - Fires in the indoor fireplaces are not allowed April through October. Outdoor fires on the property are allowed only in designated fire pits and barbecue pits. Wood or charcoal barbecues are not allowed on the wooden decks and all grills must remain outside. Fireworks are allowed only when in full compliance with Williamson County authority and must remain solely within a designated San Gabriel’s Horn fireworks area.
20. WATER AND SEPTIC - The mineral content in the water (Jonah SUD Water) is quite high. If hard water is a personal health concern, it is recommended that bottled water be purchased by the renter and that ice machines are not used. This facility has its own septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. NO feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that the septic system has been clogged or damaged, you may be charged damages for the full cost of repair.
21. RESPONSIBILITY - The property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accident, injury or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
22. TRAVEL INSURANCE - We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, go to www.InsureMyTrip.com for details and to purchase.
23. TAX - Quoted rates DO NOT include a six percent (6%) state sales tax.
24. OWNER CANCELLATIONS - The property owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation at any given time and refund any monies due to the renter.
25: PHOTOGRAPHS – Photographs of San Gabriel's Horn may not be distributed, published, offered for sale, used in a way disparaging to San Gabriel's Horn, or otherwise marketed without the prior written consent of Horn Development Incorporated.
26. APPLICABLE LAWS – San Gabriel's Horn is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas, United States of America. The property can be rented from all fifty states as well as from countries around the world. While each of these places may have laws that differ from those of Texas, you and San Gabriel's Horn agree that the laws of the state of Texas, without regard to the conflicts of laws and provisions thereof, shall apply to all matters relating to the use of the property. You and San Gabriel's Horn also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Williamson County and the United States District Court for the Central District of Texas.
27. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
28. WHAT TO BRING - Please bring your own food and drinks, charcoal, lighter fluid, beach towels, toilet paper and other paper products, trash bags, soap and personal products, including laundry soap and dishwashing products, insect repellent, poison ivy soap, and sun lotion.